Tuesday, February 23, 2010

From the sick ward

We've been sick here going on two weeks. That's what happens when family genetics allow the germ to pass on with a slightly new strain to the next guy. "I've seen this before and I'll hit 'em harder." Though Mom hasn't been sick I've spent a lot of nights without my full allotment of sleep, and when day starts at 5am, short night are a killer. We're praying that everyone is better in time for our High School Retreat this weekend. We debated for a while, but finally decided the family will all go along and enjoy Word of Life. It's fairly new facility here and they are still in the process of building things though they have a large piece of land and lots of potential for growth. We're excited about the pool as we haven't been since we left Florida last August. Keep the Retreat on your prayer list. Lots of potential for challenging kids to grow.
Other news? I can hardly belive but in just a few months we will have a second graduate-Nayt. I am finally getting around to putting together his photo album. I started with Ben and want each of the kids to have one as a graduation gift so that they can take their family with them to school-in pictures anyways-as we won't be able to visit. It's a big project to compile 18 years of life into one album. Then next year I have another one to do for Josiah. Boy it will be different without my big guys here...and I'm dreading it.
Over the weekend we decided to revamp our family room by moving it out front and center. Hopefully this will give us a more usable space for hospitality. I tucked a comfortable chair and bookshelf by a window so I can sit there and do my devotions or study Spanish-which by the way is still coming very slowly. Hard to teach an old brain new things, and I'm not immersed as much as I would like. But I need to head off now as Spanish class is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment