Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I need a transplant

That's how this Momma feels lately. A brain transplant to be exact. This one is old, and well, a little less than acceptable. I seem to be able to have a Spanish lesson and then promptly forget what I have learned. Perhaps it's that the lessons are at 3pm and my day starts at 5 in the morning. By 3 I'd just like to lay down and take a quick nap before I start dinner and the challenges of 5th grade homework. ("I am Smarter than a 5th Grader"-just keep telling self.) I know I NEED to conquer this challenge to really function here well, yet somehow a smattering of Tagalog creeps in from years ago, or the French pronunciation from High School....and what was that ending anyway???
Then there's the fact that soon I will not own a pan if I can't keep this brain functioning. And my family may need a new home. The other day I put some chicken on to boil for soup, got distracted doing something on the other side of the house and then remembered in a panic when this odd smell filtered into my bedroom. The house has smelled like dead fish, stinky dog, charcoaled chicken....take your pick as these were all used by the children and the stink was so bad we had to sleep with the windows open when it's in the 50's outside...
Can you teach an old lady to use a new part of her brain? I need to recussitate something in there. Someone once told me you lose 20 points on your IQ with the birth of each child. After 8 I think I am reduced to the "blubbering idiot" level so my family will have to be patient. THey are responsible for this. And I will keep plugging away with language, parenting, and ministry. I have joined a study on Ephesians recently. My desire for this new year is to look more like my Savior at it's end by filling my heart and mind with His word. That would be a productive transplant!

No comments:

Post a Comment